[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin throwing "cannot read property" errors

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 10 19:03:47 BST 2011

On 10/06/11 18:56, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
>  From the "Generic server rabbit_mgmt_db terminating" message I assumed
> that was related to Simon's mention that the behavior I saw is caused
> by the management plugin database terminating....

Right, except rabbit_mgmt_db terminated because it couldn't load the
xmerl_ucs module.

> We're running Erlang R13B03 on this box.

Hmm. xmerl_ucs should definitely be in that. In fact it looks like it's
been around for a long time. Could you please check whether you have a
xmerl_ucs.beam file around and whether starting an erlang shell and
evaluating
   xmerl_ucs:from_utf8(<<"foo">>).
works ok?

Regards,