[rabbitmq-discuss] How many ports does RabbitMQ need open?

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Jun 9 01:35:45 BST 2011

On 08/06/11 19:24, Busoli, Simone wrote:
> I'm not sure but as far as I know only one port (5672 is the default) needs to be open.

Ah, you're thinking of when it is clients connecting to the MQ.
I'm talking about clustering multiple RabbitMQ nodes.

It definitely needs a few more - the erlang port mapper on 4369 for
starters - and then some more that erlang dynamically chooses. (Although
can be limited to a range with the parameters I mentioned below)

I'm curious to know how many are really needed for those extras; if I
limit the range to just 5 ports, am I likely to hit troubles? How about
100 ports?

Cheers,
Toby