[rabbitmq-discuss] Patching rabbitmq to get more information about framing exceptions

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:15:12 BST 2011

2011/7/21 Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com>

> That's curious. Both should cause rabbit to complain with the "expected
> method frame, got non method frame instead" error. Are you sure you are
> seeing different behaviour here? If so, please send through the pcap files
> showing the entire tcp session.

Yes, I am very much sure. I have spent hours investigating this thing and
ran it probably hundreds of times. Will do.

> Content body frames should never be zero length. If the content length is
> zero then no content body frame should be sent at all, just a header.

Ah, yes, I read this line in the spec but then the fact that another Ruby
client that *also sends an empty content body frame* works fine confused me.

So for a blank string payload, the sequence is always

[method frame] [content header frame]

not

[method frame] [content header frame] [content body frame with size = 0]

correct?
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin