[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ-C: amqp_simple_rpc blocks waiting for frames already received

Clint Miller clint at rtcreativegroup.com
Wed Jul 20 21:45:38 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm having a little trouble with the RabbitMQ-C library. I'm able to declare exchanges, queues, setup bindings, and start the basic.consume (amqp_simple_rpc function) method as I would expect. But when a message is received by the consumer, I am able to observe (via the debugger) the complete message (all the frames) being processed. However, loop where multiple frames are linked together in the amqp_simple_rpc function (labeled "retry:") never terminates, and thus, at the end of what I think is a correct processing of all the frames in the message, control goes back into the wait_frame_inner function, where the recv function is called, anticipating more raw data on the socket that isn't going to arrive.

Do I have a correct (basic) understanding of how the amqp_simple_rpc is supposed to be working?

I am using the current tip (ef4df46cc0db) of the repository, default branch in the repo. RabbitMQ 2.4.1.

Thanks,

Clint Miller