[rabbitmq-discuss] Integration of SAP XI with RabbitMQ

Rishi Dev rishdev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:47:51 BST 2011

Here are some updates from my side.
    1. There is not much scope in our project plan to squeeze in development
of an XI AMQP adapter. Our SAPXI team is mostly overwhelmed with work.

    2. We are planning to attempt for XI HTTP adapter. Most likely will use
some plugin in Rabbit which will allow PubSub over HTTP. I believe MochiWeb
will need additional plug-in to act as an http interface to Rabbit broker. I
am not sure if any is readily available. Let me know if someone would like
to recommend any.

    3. I did look at amqp-rest, haven't installed it yet, but it appears
that this prj hasn't been active sine more than a year. Does anyone has any
experience with it?
        I also am not sure how it will handle msgs of XML format. It appears
to have having forward slash as a delimiter in url.

    4. We did look briefly at QPID JMS client with Rabbit broker to make our
life easier, but alas they don't gel easily with each other in negotiating
protocols & versions and maybe more issues. It will need me to deep dive.
Probably will consider when no other option.

    5. I was wondering, whatif I create a small webapp, to which SAPXI can
submit a html form with msg etc data and that webapp takes care of pushing
it to Rabbit. It appears more along the lines of some plugin inside Rabbit
using Mochi, but will spare me of learning how to develop plug-in for
rabbit.

    Btw, I was going through
https://dev.rabbitmq.com/wiki/WritingYourOwnClient and "How to guide" and
"Ben's guide" links appear to be broken.

*Lynton,*
    To answer your question and provide more details.
    1. The format of msgs from SAPXI is XML.
    2. Our communication requirement between XI and Rabbit is one way. XI
will be publishing msgs to other systems through rabbit, but not consuming
any.

I will update you and our group here, as and when we progress with some
decisions/implementations.

Thanks,
Rishi