[rabbitmq-discuss] Connection Pooling Options to solve FD Consumption on RabbitMQ.

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:42:06 BST 2011

2011/7/20 Abhishek K <abhishek.kona at gmail.com>

> On each request, I create a new Connection and Channel. During high load
> times, this is causing the Rabbit to go unresponsive (due to a large no. of
> open file Descriptor's).
>
> This would be solved if I could connection pool on the client side, what
> are the strategies and API's suggested for that.

Why do you need a new connection on each (HTTP?) request? This is what
channels are for, if you want to absolutely separate data flowing between on
each individual request.
AMQP was designed with the idea of keeping # of TCP connections as low as #
of applications.

--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin