[rabbitmq-discuss] Management Plugin

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 20 12:54:25 BST 2011

On 20/07/11 09:44, Ben Hood wrote:
> PS (Minor feature request) Would you consider making the Rabbit log
> file downloadable via the management UI?

There are a few issues:

1) The web server we use would not be great at streaming large files
without a bunch of work

2) ATM the management plugin doesn't make much distinction between the
node it's running on and any other nodes. We'd have to relax this for
log files, or copy logs across the cluster (ugh!).

3) I'm not sure how many people would use it. Hopefully the number of
people suffering from helpful corporate standards would be quite low.

Still, I'll file a bug.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen