[rabbitmq-discuss] Debian Squeeze init script

Kyle Bader kyle.bader at dreamhost.com
Tue Jul 19 18:14:36 BST 2011

The init script for the rabbitmq-server package provided by Debian Squeeze does not contain default-start/stop runlevel information as described in this bug from 2009:

I'm in a situation where I have another service that depends on rabbitmq-server (chef-server components).  I've installed the rabbitmq-server package using both the RabbitMQ and Debian repositories and both suffer from this problem.  The only rabbitmq-server package that appear to have it fixed are the most recent ones available for direct download here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/server.html

Is there something impeding this being fixed Debian Squeeze proper that I can help with?

--
Systems Administrator
DreamHost.com