[rabbitmq-discuss] How to stop a consumer from consuming message after a message SHUTDOWN

Toni Van de Voorde toni.vdv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:47:57 BST 2011

Hello all,

We have a java application with rabbitmq consumers which processes different
things based on a given message published from a php application.

When we need to upgrade the java application we would like a save way to
shutdown the java. We thought about sending a message SHUTDOWN. But we can't
seem to find a way to stop the consumer from consuming. Is it the correct
way to do it or is there another way.

The java application is running in background on linux (not through an
application server).

Thx