[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: a few json rpc questions

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 13 15:23:30 BST 2011

Hi,

On 13/07/11 14:28, mysurf mail wrote:

> [...]

The RPC classes that you are using are designed to support multiple clients.

I would suggest that you get RPC working reliably with a single client
first. The problem you describe (sometimes the application gets stuck)
may not relate to the presence of multiple clients at all.

The management plugin (http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html) or the
rabbitmqctl utility can be used to confirm queue sizes if you believe
the problem is a messaging one.

> I have put a routing key in the server and all the clients (same one)
> and I thought it would make the server handle all the requests.
>
> 1. Is there any way to use the rpc like that for multiple clients?

Yes, as previously stated.

> 2. Would I need to give each one a different routing key?

No, not specifically to support multiple clients.

> 3. Would I need to use different server threads for each client?

Threading is not a relevant issue here.

-Emile