[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMq not honouring high_watermark setting?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 13 12:59:54 BST 2011

On 13/07/11 12:55, Dan B wrote:
> On my server, vm_memory_high_watermark = n results in a watermark of
> 2n for some reason. I've set it to 1.5 (3gb), I'm not sure if Rabbit
> can access all of that though, probably not.

Probably not. Unfortunately there's still no 64 bit build of Erlang for
Windows so I think you're seeing a 2GB process memory limit. I think I
heard some rumblings there should be 64 bit Windows Erlang towards the
end of the year, but right now if you want to run a big-memory-footprint
Rabbit, you'll need to do so on Unix :(

On the other hand, RabbitMQ can still do quite a lot in 2GB.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware