[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ won't start on RHEL 6.1

Dana Rea danarea at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:29:20 BST 2011

I have, netstat -tlp tells me that it's epmd running on port 5672. Rabbit
still doesn't start if I kill all processes running on that port beforehand.

I'm not familiar with Erlang, but it it possible that Rabbit is trying to
listen on the same port as epmd? Although, starting epmd on another port
didn't help either.

--
 Dana