[rabbitmq-discuss] Quick question: Writing to multiple queues

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:30:43 BST 2011

2011/7/9 Demiss Zike <habtdemis at gmail.com>

> Can you point me to the right direction as to how I can write a message
> using RabbitMQ to multiple queues without having to open a connection for
> each message?

Demiss,

In AMQP model messages are not written to queues. They are published to
exchanges that route them to queues according to rules called "bindings".
Different exchange types employ different routing rules. To route a message
to multiple queues, take a look at fanout and topic exchanges. Regardless of
what exchange type you choose, AMQP connections are stateful and typically
long-lived: there is no need to open multiple connection for simple
scenarios.

Have a look at these tutorials:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-three-python.html
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-five-python.html