[rabbitmq-discuss] Published message not queued after publish-ok received when connection quickly closed

Michael Nacos m.nacos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:01:16 BST 2011

I forgot to mention my example code hangs if I introduce @channel.tx_select
and @channel.tx_commit around the publish call. I'm using amqp 0.8.0rc13 +
rabbit 2.4.1 & 2.5.1 -- perhaps this related to how transactions work and
the fact I'm re-using the same channel -- should I even be doing this?

I've got plenty of experience with transactions and atomicity, but in a
database context, not amqp/rabbit. I think there is considerable complexity
(made worse by my lack of familiarity with eventmachine and the amqp
protocol): in this 'rebroadcaster' scenario is it better:

   - to use the same connection for 'consume' and 'publish' or different
   ones?
   - to use the same channel or different ones? (do amqp transactions
   operate on a per-channel basis?)

Jakub, I understand eventmachine is event-driven, this is how the subscribe
call works. But within its asynchronous consume loop, I need to defer the
queue1 ack until messages have been published in queue2. Sorry, this is
probably lack of familiarity with eventmachine. Do you mean I could have two
handlers within the same EM.run block, a 'subscribe'  one and a 'on_ack' one
handling the publish confirms within which the queue1 ack is done? How do I
know which queue1 message I'm getting the on_ack notification for?

Michael