[rabbitmq-discuss] 406 precondition-failed vs 530 not-allowed on exchange declaration

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:36:15 BST 2011

Hi,

An amqp gem user reported seeing 530 not-allowed connection exception when
declaring an exchange. The error message is

«NOT_ALLOWED - cannot redeclare exchange 'jobs' in vhost '/' with different
type, durable or autodelete value»

Do I understand it correctly that this is a permissions issue? We have
plenty of examples of faulty exchange declaration in the amqp gem test
suite,
but they all result in 406 precondition-failed.

The only Java client test that tests 530 exception (according to IntelliJ
IDEA) is this:

https://gist.github.com/1071372

which has nothing to do with permissions or exchanges.

Can someone from the RabbitMQ team please help me understand what is going
on and what scenarios I should be testing in the amqp gem test suite?
Thanks!
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin