[rabbitmq-discuss] No response to basic.consume

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 7 10:08:46 BST 2011

Hi Shrikant,

On 07/07/11 05:56, Shrikant Hanagodimath S wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using RabbitMQ 2.2.0 and developing a C++ client to send and
> retrieve the messaged from Server.

You should consider using the RabbitMQ extended XML, linked from here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-quickref.html

> The negotiated protocol version is 0.9.0, currently server is not
> responding to my basic.consume frame.
>

> Could you please help me to get basic.consumeOK response from the server.

Is there any relevant information in the logfile around the time when
you expect the basic.consume-ok?

Does the channel / connection remain active after you send basic.consume ?

If you are dealing with a potential framing problem then connecting via
the tracer tool will yield useful information:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/javadoc/com/rabbitmq/tools/Tracer.html

-Emile