[rabbitmq-discuss] Use of RabbitMQ Client on Windows Phone 7

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 6 12:56:39 BST 2011

Hi Matt,

On 06/07/11 11:36, Matt Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm keen on using RabbitMQ services on my Windows Phone 7 application. I'm
> wondering what the best plan is - neither the .NET Client nor the WCF
> binding compile against the WP7 framework.
>
> From where I'm standing the Client seems like it might be easier to make
> work. If nobody's done it already I will probably have a go at it and
> publish my work, but I wanted to ask here first to see if it was already in
> progress anywhere.
>
> I'd be really interested in comments and experiences relating to this.

I made an attempt to compile the RabbitMQ .NET client on compact
framework last year, but didn't get very far:

http://markmail.org/message/q7kgadi25a72dhkd

Depending on your use case it might be possible to make use of the STOMP
adapter on the broker. STOMP is a simpler protocol and suited to clients
with resource constraints.

-Emile