[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl limitations

Warren Smith wsmith at tacc.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 5 14:40:32 BST 2011

I actually ended up tweaking the rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl to do exactly this. In my situation, there are 100s of users of our overall infrastructure and they get their certificates from multiple certificate authorities, so it is quite possible for 2 different users to have the same CN.

All I ended up doing to the DN is removing the quotes and calling the result the RabbitMQ username. I can handle escaping the spaces in the DN, but Erlang seems to put quotes in different places than openssl and that would have made it difficult to automate things.

This has been working fine so far, but I'm still in the prototype stage so I only have a handful of users added. The usernames are quite long, but I don't think this will be a big deal for me since I can script a lot of the user management.

Warren