[rabbitmq-discuss] Headers Exchange

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 27 18:44:28 GMT 2011

"Jason J. W. Williams" <jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> writes:
> I know how to construct topic bind strings. :) There's no docs I can
> find on Header bind. Help there would be appreciated.

Ah, ok.

The binding key is not used for headers exchanges; the matching
critieria are expressed in the arguments table that is passed to the
basic.bind method (most client libraries make this an optional parameter
to the bind call; see the docs for the client library you are using to
see how it gets exposed).

I'm afraid that I don't recall a description of header exchanges that is
better than the one in the AMQP 0-9-1 spec.  Though that section
(3.1.3.4) is quite readable and short (half a page), and if you are
familiar with RabbitMQ concepts you won't have to read the rest of the
spec to understand it.

David

--
David Wragg