[rabbitmq-discuss] weird timeout declaring queue

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 27 11:40:35 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 07:28:43PM -0800, John DeTreville wrote:
> Jerry and I spoke with Jon today, and we agreed that this is a hard area to work in. I'm sending him a few very simple, special-purpose new queue implementation of mine (rabbit_ram_queue, rabbit_mnesia_queue, and the upcoming rabbit_disk_queue) to try building on. This might be easier for the moment than building on the more complicated rabbit_variable_queue, as Jon is doing now.

Ahh, yes. It's an astonishingly bad idea to try and modify vq - that
beast is complex. The backing_queue interface is hopefully well enough
documented that it should be possible to build directly from there - the
specs are there too after all.

If the documentation is not good enough for this purpose then we should
fix that.

Matthew