[rabbitmq-discuss] Slow consumer disconnect availability on RAbbitMQ

Prashant Yadav PRYD at mach.com
Tue Jan 25 11:53:41 GMT 2011

Hello,

Do we have slow consumer detection available in RabbitMQ like we have in
Apache qpid ( Slow Consumer Disconnect (SCD) is a new feature in Qpid
that provides a configurable mechanism to prevent a single slow consumer
from causing a back up of unconsumed messages on the broker )

This is a very nice feature wherein we could identify and take
corrective actions against the consumer. Please suggest any alternative
method to achieve this behavior. Also when we identify SCD  can we defer
the queue for some time( timed defer) before it comes back to service
something like suspend Queue for 5 mins and try again.

Regds

Prashant