[rabbitmq-discuss] internal sequence ID

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Mon Jan 24 13:13:21 GMT 2011

I'm able to persist messages to Riak now but I'm trying to figure out how to return a proper sequence ID from publish/3.

What's the easiest way to implement this sequence ID that won't cause things to explode? :) Would an in-memory counter that starts at 1 all the time be sufficient? Or do I need to keep track of that by persisting some kind of metadata? It looks like variable_queue uses rabbit_queue_index, which I wasn't sure if I would be able to simply scab onto.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

        Web: http://jbrisbin.com/
    Twitter: @j_brisbin