[rabbitmq-discuss] failure on startup

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Fri Jan 21 22:59:28 GMT 2011

Problem resolution:

My ports were not current, I had erlang-lite-r14b01,1 installed  but after
updating my ports,  erlang-lite-r14b01_1,1 was current.
So the moral of the story for FreeBSD in a jail users, make sure you
have erlang-lite-r14b01_1,1
or greater installed.

So the problem is now solved and I am reporting success for rabbitmq-2.2.0
on a FreeBSD 8.x jail.

Thanks for the help.

Best,

-Jeff

p.s. this revision patches epmd, so that it recognizes a host whose IP
address is the same as the epmd's as a local client.