[rabbitmq-discuss] Errors on latest mgmt plug-in

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jan 21 10:29:24 GMT 2011

On 20/01/11 23:49, Paul Pearcy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to get by the bug mentioned in this thread that is
> causing me some pain:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/Management-plugin-issues-td30705395.html
>
> In order to do this, I have rebuilt the management plugin from source
> based on these directions:
>
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/file/132edbdcaaa9/BUILDING
>
> This was all clear and straight forward. In order to update, I stop
> rabbitmq, remove the old plugins files and place the ones built by me
> (except rabbit_common.ez) in the plugins directory.
>
> RabbitMQ starts up fine, but I am getting the error below when
> attempting to use the mgmt interface. Any ideas where I have gone wrong?

Yes, you've built the plugins from default, and you're running them
against the 2.2.0 broker. You can either start running the broker from
default, or build the plugins from the "rabbitmq_v2_2_0" tag. You
probably want to do the latter.

Cleaning the public umbrella and switching branches can be a bit fiddly,
so I suggest you start again, and do something like:

hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-public-umbrella
cd rabbitmq-public-umbrella
hg update rabbitmq_v2_2_0
make checkout
make BRANCH=rabbitmq_v2_2_0 named_update
(apply the patch)
make

I'll update the rabbit-management README to make the thing about tags
more explicit.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen