[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin issues

Mark J. Reed markjreed at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 15:33:36 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Matthias Radestock
<matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Interesting. Are you using rabbitmqctl across machines from different
> clusters? That might be enough for them to find out about each other.

Nope.

The clusters were all using the same Erlang cookie; that's the only
connection between them.  Giving them distinct cookie values has
resolved the issue.

I thought the cookie was just an authentication key; I didn't realize
that the stats module went door-to-door trying the key out and walking
through whichever ones opened. :)

Anyway, my issues are resolved.  Thanks!

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed at gmail.com>