[rabbitmq-discuss] php talking to ruby

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Wed Jan 19 03:16:40 GMT 2011

Robin,

There is no reason why you cant do this. We are currently actively using the
PHP PECL extension to read messages published by both a Perl and Python
client. I know I hate it when people ask this of me, but could you cobble
together some very basic sample code and let us know what client versions
you are using? If it's the PHP client's fault, I will be more than happy to
fix it.

me

On 1/18/11 3:45 PM, "Robin Wood" <robin at digininja.org> wrote:

> 2011/1/18 Alexandre Kalendarev <akalend at mail.ru>:
> Robin,
>
> You must to use
> the universal  data  format : JSON or XML, or other conventional
> dataformat.

I'm completely new to RabbitMQ, any pointers as to where to
> look for
this? Do you know if both the libraries I've chosen will do
> this?

Robin

> Alexandre
>

> Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:13:10 +0000 письмо от
> Robin Wood <robin at digininja.org>:
>
>> Hi
>> I'm trying to get Ruby, using the
> AMQP gem to talk to PHP using the
>> php-amqp library. Both on their own work
> and talk between their own
>> consumer/publisher but I can't get them to talk
> cross language.
>>
>> Before I post my randomly hacked together code does
> anyone have good
>> sample code that shows the two languages talking to each
> other?
>>
>> I'm new to MQ stuff but roughly what I'm seeing is the channel
> and
>> queues are being created OK and messages are being sent but when I
>>
> watch them in Wireshark I see the PHP one has a content type of
>> plain/text
> but the Ruby message has application/octet.
>>
>> Any tips?
>>
>> Robin

_______
rabbitmq-discuss mailing
rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
https://lists.rabbitmq.com/cgi-bin/ma

--
the rubicon project

PIETER DE ZWART | LEAD, INTERFACES TEAM
••• P 310 207 0272 | x224
••• C 408 666 4443
••• F 323 466 7119

1925 S. BUNDY DRIVE
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90025

WWW.RUBICONPROJECT.COM <http://www.rubiconproject.com/>

“MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY” - AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS ‘10
 REVV IS OPTIMIZING 1.4 MILLION ADS PER MINUTE