[rabbitmq-discuss] about msg_store_persistent folder

Kevin Chan coolchen033 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:38:25 GMT 2011

Thanks Matthew

    as u say when the message has consumed the messages on disk will be
del,but i'm not sure that the message will be consumer in time,so i need to
keep have enough free disk ,i mount other partition to the rabbitmq folder
,it's success,but  the rabbitmq-server can not start,  is there anythings i
should do?

2011/1/13 Matthew Sackman <matthew at rabbitmq.com>

> Hi Kevin,
>
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 03:17:48PM +0800, Kevin Chan wrote:
> >   I send msg to rabbbitmq server ,on the server,the folder(
> > /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at localhost/msg_store_transient) size will
> > became bigger and bigger.how to deal with
> > it. may i del this folder's file when rabbitmq server running,or is there
> > any way to limmit the folder growing?
>
> The way to limit the folder growing is to consume and acknowledge
> messages from the broker. Rabbit will only write messages to disk which
> have not been consumed and when necessary - either the messages are
> being published persistent (delivery_mode = 2) or the broker is under
> memory pressure and is thus writing to disk to free up memory.
>
> If you stop the queues from growing (either by not publishing messages,
> or by consuming and acknowledging messages from the queues) then Rabbit
> will have no reason to write messages to disk.
>
> Matthew

Kevin Chan

XiaMen China