[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ management plugin memory usage in Chrome

Jon Rowland jon.rowland at isam.com
Mon Jan 17 08:56:17 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I left a test app running over the weekend which publishes 1000 msg/sec to a broker. I also left the management plugin page open on the Channels tab running in Chrome.

I happened to notice that Chrome was using an enormous amount of memory - over 1GB and very slowly increasing. As soon as I navigated to another page outside of the management console, without restarting the browser, the memory was released.

No idea if this is 'bug' or 'feature' but thought you may be interested.

Thanks,
Jon