[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange RabbitMQ management plugin error!

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:30:41 GMT 2011

   Hello all!

   I've installed the management plugin (and it's dependencies), and
when accessing it I get the following error on almost all pages and I
don't see any counters... (But it seems to work otherwise as I can see
and manipulate other entities: queues, exchanges, etc.)

~~~~
TypeError: overview.queue_totals is undefined
~~~~

   Is there something wrong?

   Thanks,
   Ciprian.

   P.S.: Maybe I should add that the way in which I've installed
RabbitMQ and the plugins is a little unorthodox --- although it works
perfectly in any other ways (it passes the amqp_client tests)... I've
compiled the `erl` source code for Rabbit manually and not with the
makefiles (I've just runned the makefile to obtain the automatic
generated files), and then I've put all the applications (rabbit, the
management plugin and its dependencies) in a folder obeying the OTP
application hierarchy (unarchived), and started them as follows. (I
also used a config file based on the one packaged with the Rabbit
distribution.)

~~~~
       ok = application:start (os_mon),
       ok = application:start (crypto),
       ok = application:start (mnesia),
       ok = application:start (inets),
       ok = application:start (rabbit),
       ok = application:start (mochiweb),
       ok = application:start (webmachine),
       ok = application:start (rabbit_mochiweb),
       ok = application:start (rabbit_management_agent),
       ok = application:start (rabbit_management),

       ok = rabbit:prepare (),
~~~~