[rabbitmq-discuss] Permission on routing key

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jan 7 14:44:30 GMT 2011

Fab,

underattack7 wrote:
> That's not that easy as the routing key has the format:
>
> site.user.param1.param2.param3
>
> and different users are interested in different things, for example :
> "site1"."toto".#,  "site2".#, "site1"."toto"."paramtoto".# .....
>
> so we cannot really create all the queue in advance.

Are you saying that there are constraints on what users can bind to but
they may only be interested in a *subset* of that?

In which case create an internal topic exchange per user and bind that
with all their *allowed* bindings to the main exchange. Users can then
create queues and bind them to their internal exchange for stuff they
are interested in.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#exchange-bindings

Regards,

Matthias.