[rabbitmq-discuss] More RabbitMQ tutorials available

Jim Apperly jim at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 6 15:29:09 GMT 2011

I am delighted to announce that we have expanded the set of "Getting
Started" tutorials available on the website.

We now have:
1. "Hello World!" - the simplest thing that does something
2. Work queues - distributing tasks amongst workers
3. Publish/Subscribe - sending messages to many consumers at once
4. Routing *new* - receiving messages selectively
5. Topics *new* - receiving messages based on topic

The tutorials are available at:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/getstarted.html

All of the tutorials come with code samples in Python. We are working on
translating the samples into different languages and adding to the base set
of subjects covered (I'm told that RPC is next, but don't hold me to that).

I want to thank everyone who has been involved in making this happen. Marek
gets an extra large carrot for doing the lion's share of the writing.

If anyone has ideas on what they would like to see or comments and feedback
on how we can make the content better then please don't hold back!
Contributions are always welcome.

Jim