[rabbitmq-discuss] Handling Undelivered messages in rabbitmq

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 6 12:29:59 GMT 2011

Hi Prashant,

On 06/01/11 11:49, Prashant Yadav wrote:
> Hello Emile,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I presume by "consumer registered on queue", you mean binding queue to
> the QueuingConsumer in my case. I changed the basicPublish immediate
> flag to true and changed the queue declaration and binding of my
> consumer.
> Still am not able to get any response on my Producer for undelivered
> messages.
> According to you " If you had 'immediate' set and there were no
> consumers registered on any of the relevant queues then
> handleBasicReturn would be called "
> My set up has single queue where producer is publishing messages and
> consumers listens on different queue( which effectively fulfills your
> condition, isn't ? I even tried just publishing with no consumers
> running, still handleBasicReturn does not get called.

If you are publishing with the 'immediate' flag asserted, to an exchange
that in turn routes to a single queue without consumers, and you have a
returnlistener set up on the same channel then the handleBasicReturn
method in the returnListener should get called.

Can you supply a minimal runnable piece of code that exhibits the
problem you describe?

Regards

Emile