[rabbitmq-discuss] how to send a message including a array via .net client?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 4 10:21:41 GMT 2011

Hi Chen,

If your message producers and consumers are both .net then you may use
any of the built-in .net serialisers.
See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7ay27kt9.aspx

If you are in a mixed language environment then a format like YAML,
JSON, protocol buffers or perhaps XML makes more sense.

On 04/01/11 08:27, Chen Houwu wrote:
> Do you mean that .net client has no build-in support for simple data
> structure?
> But I have found it should support according to the AMQP 1.0
> specification.

The .net client supports byte arrays for message payloads as required by
the AMQP 0.9.1 spec.

> AMQP is a binary protocol, but json is text.
> Though I can send binary content after encoding it to BASE64, it is
> too inefficient.

There is no need to use base64. Base64 would only be required if the
payload needed to be 7bit clean.

Regards

Emile