[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue with auto_delete=True not getting deleted

Michi Oshima moshima at advent.com
Mon Feb 28 17:57:41 GMT 2011

Hi,

Queues created with auto_delete set to True are not always getting deleted
upon client process termination.  There is no other client processes using
the same queue.

I'm wondering if there is a way to ensure deletion.  I cannot use set
exclusive to True, as I have to let another client process bind the queue.

I'm using a .NET client to create a queue thusly:

    channel.QueueDeclare(qname, false, false, true, null); // channel is
IModel.

That is: durable=False, exclusive=False, auto_delete=True.

I'm finding that the queue does not get deleted when I terminate the .NET
client process immediately after I declare the queue.

On the other hand, if the client process is terminated after the queue is
bound, the queue gets deleted properly.

I'm on RabbitMQ 2.3.1, runing on Erlang version R14B01

Thanks always for addressing my questions.

Michi Oshima