[rabbitmq-discuss] Hello World Example

Scott Luxenberg scott.luxenberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 16:49:04 GMT 2011

Gavin M. Roy <gmr at ...> writes:

> The method signature for channel() changed in Pika 0.9, prior to that it did
not take the callback parameter. Perhaps you have a module pathing issue and
have two versions installed?  Did you install from source or pip/easy_install?

> Regards,
>
> Gavin

I used the pip method as per the instructions in the tutorial, and I installed
our server from scratch so I do not believe there is a second version of pika on
our system, unless pika by default installs with python.