[rabbitmq-discuss] What do you do when RabbitMQ goes down?

Yuesong Wang yuesong.c at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:13:47 GMT 2011

Hi,

I was wondering what people do on the client side to gracefully handle when RabbitMQ server goes down (or network outage)? Assuming no HA setup. Do you queue your messages and keep trying to reconnect? Do you setup a cluster and build-in the capability to automatically connect to another node (with some work I can get that to work, but only for non-durable queues)? Any tips for a newbie?

Thanks,

Yuesong