[rabbitmq-discuss] Losing messages, why?

DOBRO vertolet666 at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 23 11:29:40 GMT 2011

Matthias Radestock-3 wrote:

> So I guess you have more than three clients connected?

Yes, there are 200-300 clients connected. Each client declares several
queues.
To make it clear, my project is a chess gaming server. Each player can play
via browser (no downloads required).
In two words, when one player makes a move, his opponent does not receive
this move from server.
This behaviour occurs not often, but it happens.

Another issue (the same by its nature): a player sends a move to the server,
but the worker which is running on the server does not receive this move.

So, the pattern is:
- player sends a move to the server,
- one of the workers (on the server side) receives this move and processes
it (doing some updates in database),
- after the move is processed the server sends it back (as confirmation) to
opponents and all the spectators connected to the game.

The more popular time control is 1 minute per game.
Can you imagine how the issue gets on player's nerves?... especially when
one tenth of second decides the outcome of the battle :)

If you want to see my project in action, I could post the link. No
registration required to watch live games.
Sorry, if it is out of the mailing list rules.