[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems with rabbitmq-auth-mechanism-ssl

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 22 14:19:03 GMT 2011

On 22/02/11 14:14, Jiri Krutil wrote:
> Simon
>
> The management plugin displays a "Can log in with password" flag for users.
>
> How do I disable the possibility to log in with password? I want to
> force the users to use SSL cert-based authentication (SASL EXTERNAL).

If only EXTERNAL is available server-wide, then no user can log in with
a password, you need PLAIN to do that. That flag is for if you want to
prevent only certain users from logging in with a password. Essentially
if it's not set it means the user has no password.

You can set this by using the "Add / update a user" form on the Users
listing page. Enter the name of an existing user to set the password and
administrator status for that user (yes, this could be clearer...)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ