[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems with rabbitmq-auth-mechanism-ssl

Jiri Krutil jiri at krutil.com
Tue Feb 22 12:10:48 GMT 2011

> But this is deeply suspicious. If you've specified
> {auth_mechanisms,['EXTERNAL']} in your configuration, it should not
> be possible to even start PLAIN authentication - that item specifies
> the entire list of mechanisms to offer. I therefore wonder if your
> configuration isn't getting picked up?
>
> Do you have the mgmt plugin installed? If so, Overview > (node name)
> > Registry > Authentication Mechanisms will show you which
> mechanisms are installed and enabled.

The management plugin shows that only PLAIN and AMQPLAIN are enabled.

Somehow the auth_mechanisms setting in the config file is ignored by
the broker, no matter which mechanisms I list there. (I have verified
that the config file itself is being used.)

Any hints? Should I do something to install the
rabbitmq-auth-mechanism-ssl plugin (other than copying the .ez file to
the plugins dir)?

Cheers
Jiri