[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Java Client 2.3.1 on Android

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Feb 16 19:05:07 GMT 2011

On 16/02/2011 2:52PM, Denis Conan wrote:
> Are you willing to consider the support of Android Java clients in the
> future? or do you consider that AMQP clients for smartphones are out of
> the scope of RabbitMQ target?

Good question. It seems that the existing Java client is close enough to
being Android compatible that it would be a pity not to. On the other
hand, I don't think any of us have experience with Android development
so there may be subtleties I'm missing. We're looking into it at the moment.

Cheers, Simon