[rabbitmq-discuss] Strategy for consuming queues and ordering

Alfonso Pantoja alfonso.pantoja at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 22:37:51 GMT 2011

Thank you Robby and Bryan for you answers.

In my case the requirement  is to update a user connection status in
the database (online/offline). We started to use the Timestamp header
of  AMQP and I think that if comparing that timestamp with a timestamp
stored in the database is safe enough in case of the messages don't
arrive in the expected order.
In this situation I suppose the most critical point is not to loose
any message (in other words it wouldn't be acceptable a user would be
offline due to a online message had lost)

Regards,

Alfonso