[rabbitmq-discuss] Lost messages after consumer crash

Fabio Margarido fabiomargarido at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:31:47 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:58, Alexandru Scvortov
<alexandru at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Check if the messages aren't being sent at the end (if a consumer
> consumes a messages and dies before ack'ing, the messages are requeued
> at the end).

Hi,
thank you very much Alex and Simon for your quick replies. After a
more thorough check, I've confirmed that the messages are indeed
delivered out of the expected order, as you've both pointed out.
I'm sorry for the unnecessary noise on the list, at least I (and
hopefully someone else) have learned a bit more about the inner
workings of RabbitMQ.
I'll also take a look at the lightweight confirms and introduce them
in my testing scenarios.
Thanks again.

Fabio