[rabbitmq-discuss] Creating Multiple Consumers bounded to same channel in different threads

Prashant prayadav at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:23:28 GMT 2011

I already did that :) ( that was what I tried and it works!!!).Still
am confused as to why we would neeed to open a channel for each
consumer. The troulble is I have dynamic number of consumers and am
afraid woudl this approach will scale well( 40 consumers -> 40
channels). Also , there might be some idle consumers( I am planning to
develope provision to detect idle consumers by computing last
delivery ) and close the consumer ( basicCancel ) and further close
the channel as well ( close( message)).
Do you think this approach would scale well ?

Later