[rabbitmq-discuss] Failing to connect/reconnect to rabbitMq.

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Feb 9 11:29:38 GMT 2011

Hi Waseem,

I'm afraid this is not enough information to diagnose the problem. There
is no indication whether the channel creation attempt even reached the
broker. Try to narrow down the scope of the problem by replicating with
the minimal amount of code.

Also, was there an entry in the RabbitMQ logfile at the time of the
error? What was the state of the network at this point? Was this a
reconnection?

You could use the AMQP tracer tool if you are still stuck. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/examples.html#tracer . If you are using a
version 1.8 Java client then use the version 1.8 tracer.

Regards

Emile