[rabbitmq-discuss] event-based use of the RabbitMQ C library

mike castleman m at mlcastle.net
Tue Feb 8 01:12:52 GMT 2011

On 02/07/2011 06:12 PM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> The alternative is to avoid use of the *_simple_* methods, including
> amqp_simple_wait_frame, and to read bytes yourself in whatever way you
> see fit (e.g. using libevent or raw select plus nonblocking sockets) and
> pass those bytes to amqp_handle_input. You'll need to do the connection
> opening and tuning yourself, but once that's done you're golden.
>
> Yes: https://github.com/tonyg/rais/blob/master/src/connection.c#L384-411

Thanks, Tony. This is super-helpful! I'll experiment with using the
technique you describe and see how it goes.

If my experiments are successful (or fail in interesting ways), I'll try
to write up a blog post with my findings. Certainly the RabbitMQ C
library does not currently suffer from an excess of documentation.

As far as I can tell, rais is (the beginning of) an AMQP broker
implementation in C? Is that correct?

cheers,
mlc

--