[rabbitmq-discuss] publish messages after certain period

Denny Swindle denny.swindle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 20:07:27 GMT 2011

I'm pretty much a newbie at using RabbitMQ.  We have a instance running on one of our servers for an application we have and so far it's been working great for what we need.  But now I have a scenario and I'm wondering if it's possible to leverage RabbitMQ.

Basically, I'd like to be able to publish a message.  I'd want that message held for 30 seconds prior to it actually being delivered.  After 30 seconds the message can be delivered to the appropriate queue(s).  During the 30 second window, I'd have the option of removing the message preventing it from being delivered altogether.

Would RabbitMQ be able to handle this type of scenario?

Thanks -
Denny