[rabbitmq-discuss] Experimental Windows installer
simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 7 16:44:06 GMT 2011
Hi all. In an effort to make the installation process on Windows less
painful we've put together an installer. It's been tested on a few
Windows machines here but could do with some more testing.
* You still need to install Erlang first. If Erlang is not installed the
installer will open a web browser for you to do it. You do not need to
set ERLANG_HOME or anything, just run the Erlang installer.
* The installer makes no effort to detect a previous manual installation
of RabbitMQ, so it may stomp on things. It's probably wise to manually
remove a manual installation before trying it (or at least uninstall the
service). Of course it will detect installations it's created itself.
* By default the installer will set up RabbitMQ to run as a service, and
add some links to your start menu. You can switch both of those features
* Obviously this isn't supported as yet, although if you run into
trouble we'll do our best to help you out.
* It doesn't install any plugins. To install plugins:
- Open the plugins folder from the Start Menu.
- Download and drop the plugins in the plugins folder
- Stop the service
- Reinstall the service
- Start the service
* No, you do not need to reboot at any point :)
You can get it from here:
I'm sure there will be bugs. Please report them here.
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
SpringSource, a division of VMware
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss