[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange Management Plugin Error

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 7 12:13:28 GMT 2011

Hi Chris

On 07/02/11 11:56, Chris Hampson wrote:
> {error,{exit,{{undef,[{erlang,max,[0,1297079069756]},

> {stdlib,"ERTS  CXC 138 10","1.15.5"}

It looks like you're running Erlang R12B05. We don't support the
management plugin on this old an Erlang.

In fact rabbit_mochiweb used to blow up on startup with R12. I guess
some of the changes that went in recently to reduce its dependencies now
allow you to run it on R12, so it might be possible to fix the remaining
issues and get it supported on older Erlangs. But that won't happen today.

I assume you're a RHEL / CentOS 5 user? There is some discussion here
about using a newer Erlang on that platform:

http://old.nabble.com/Mgmt-plugin-(2.1.1)-td30020890.html

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen