[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP 0.9.1 Specification: Suport for Deliver API

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 7 10:40:50 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 02:30:03AM -0800, Prashant wrote:
> client is not disconnecing..If message fails for some reason and I
> want to process it again , I need to requeue it back and basicRecover
> just does that , isn't.
> But if you say basicReject is helpful , I will look into it.

Yeah, the issue with basic.recover{requeue=true} is that it just says to
requeue all messages that have been delivered to your channel. This
could easily include messages you're yet to see (though that can be
controlled with basic.qos settings). The reject or nack methods are much
more helpful in allowing you to select which messages are requeued.

Matthew