[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMq upgrade issue

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 3 12:02:45 GMT 2011

Hi Waseem

On 03/02/11 05:54, Waseem Hawaldar wrote:
> I was using rabbitMq 1.8 which was working as expected ie, all the
> queues were durable .I mean even if I restart the server messages use to
> be persistent in queues.
>
> But, now I decided to use upgraded version i.e, rabbitMq 2.2 . So, I had
> replaced 1.8 jar with 2.2 jar and also started 2.2 server. After all
> this changes I am observing that the messages in the queues are not
> persistent as how it use to happen with 1.8.

Persistent messages in durable queues are only guaranteed to be on disk
after a commit. You should make sure the channel is in transactional
mode (txSelect) and commit when you want messages since the last commit
to be persisted (txCommit).

Messages will still eventually be persisted in the absence of
transactions if it is necessary (e.g. the message does not get delivered
and ack'ed in the meantime), but there is no guarantee when that might
happen, regardless of which version of rabbit you are using.

Regards

Emile